Accessing Dental Services
- Everyone irrespective of age and dental condition should have regular oral examinations.
Under 18yrs, at intervals of no more than 12 mths.
- Adults no more than 24 mths. (SBOHED 09)
- Visiting the dentist is important in maintaining a healthy mouth and everyone irrespective of age should visit a dentist at least once in a year even if you have no natural teeth left, the oral tissues still need to be examined.
Some people may be exempt from paying for dental treatment these exemptions include:
- Aged under 18
- Aged 18 + in full time school or college
- Pregnant women or have had a baby in the last 12 months
- In receipt of income support
- In receipt if income based job seekers allowance
- In receipt of pension credit
- Some people who are in receipt of working family tax credit You may also be able to get help with payment through the NHS low-income scheme. Apply using a HC1 form available from your dentist or job centre